3. Transparency/Notice — What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”). Sensitive personal information is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections (“Sensitive Personal Information”)i. The types of Personal Information that we may collect (directly from you or from third-party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include the following:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to DeepSee through interacting with the Services, during events such as conferences, and requesting Services or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
(a) Types of Personal Information we collect
We collect Personal Information regarding current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively, “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as an email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Posting on the Site. DeepSee may offer publicly accessible blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself in on DeepSee’s blogs, private messages, and community forums, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
(b) How we use your information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. DeepSee may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including, but not limited to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of DeepSee’s Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support; and
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. DeepSee may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Measure interest in DeepSee’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on DeepSee’s Services and systems, and in DeepSee’s discretion, changes to any DeepSee policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; or
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing DeepSee Products and Services. DeepSee may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. DeepSee may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include, but are not limited to:
- Tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- Notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- Provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 6 below.
- Research and Development. DeepSee may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from third parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on DeepSee’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 6 below.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. DeepSee may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access DeepSee’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and DeepSee may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within DeepSee and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses. DeepSee may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
(c) Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Analytics Information
- Cookies. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser to store user preferences. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information.For more information about Google Analytics, please visit com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Site, Services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
(d) Third-Party Websites, Social-Media Platforms, and Software-Development Kits
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and DeepSee does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
DeepSee’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
We may use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. Third-party SDKs may allow third parties to collect your personal information to provide content that is more relevant to you. You may opt out of tracking by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Information We Share
Except as provided below, we do not share your personal information:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. DeepSee has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. DeepSee may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. DeepSee may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with DeepSee. DeepSee requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which DeepSee provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce DeepSee policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to DeepSee; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes (e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services). In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
5. Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by DeepSee may be stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to DeepSee, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
6. Opt-Out (Right to Restrict Processing)
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to DeepSee’s Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by emailing us at email@example.com.
(b) Email and Telephone Communications
We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
(c) “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences.
7. Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
Although DeepSee makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which DeepSee is unable to provide access, including, but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If DeepSee determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, DeepSee will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
8. Data Retention
9. Security of Your Information
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
10. Choice of Law / Choice of Forum
By using the Site, DeepSee will transfer data to the United States. If you are from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and DeepSee does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services. DeepSee urges parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when online. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
12. Redress/Compliance and Accountability
13. Other Rights and Important Information
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, DeepSee will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
(b) California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. DeepSee does not share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
14. Contact Us
26 South Rio Grande St., Ste. 2072
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
iSensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a “Special Category of Personal Data” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense (collectively “Sensitive Personal Information”).